In 2004, The National Sleep Foundation conducted the “Sleep in America Poll,” the first nationwide survey on the sleep habits of children and their parents. The results showed that 69% of children, ages 10 and under, are not getting enough sleep.
"We need to focus as much on the sleeping half of children’s lives as we do on the waking half. Children are clearly not getting enough sleep,” says Jodi A. Mindell, PhD, who served as Chair of NSF’s 2004 Poll Task Force.
YAWNING YOGA is kid-tested (and parent approved!). It is truly and uniquely a book designed specifically to help kids sleep. The books' careful sequencing makes it the perfect sleepy time book and helps a child establish a bedtime routine that is proven to work.
Incorporating Yawning Yoga into your child’s bedtime routine, provides the perfect sleep solution for your child by helping shift her minds’ focus from being preoccupied with daily stressors to focusing her attention to yoga postures, relaxation techniques and breath work, with the ultimate goal being a restful sleep.
But perhaps what's most wonderful about Yawning Yoga is that it offers parents the opportunity to positively interact and bond with their children before bedtime, Not only will it help relax kids and increase the quality of their sleep, but will afford parents the same benefits.
THE TOP 10 BENEFITS OF YAWNING YOGA:
- The book's 15 poses are designed to be done in sequence from most "active" to most soothing. Poses help release excess energy, tension and stress while calmimg the child's body and mind and helping her move towards stillness.
- Enables parents to interact and bond with their kids in a positive and healthy way that they will enjoy.
- Parents can get a higher quality of sleep in addition to reaping all of the rewards that their children will receive from making Yawning Yoga a part of their bedtime routine.
- Parents can get their kids to sleep with greater ease.
- Enables kids to fall asleep faster and achieve a higher quality of sleep.
- Empowers kids to be less reactive and more at peace with themselves by providing tools for stress management.
- Helps reduce irritability, crankiness and hyperactivity.
Lays the foundation for a lifetime of health and well-being.
- Stimulates the imagination and keeps children entertained.
Helps develop coordination and balance, strengthens breathing and massages internal organs.
YAWNING YOGA'S TIPS FOR A BETTER BEDTIME:
- Follow your regular bedtime routine (brush teeth, bath, PJs)
- Avoid sugary snacks at least 30 minutes before bed
- Dim the lights
- Massage lavendar oil around the head and ear lobes
- Play soothing music
- Prepare bed for sleep
- Read Yawning Yoga!
WHY ARE KIDS HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME GETTING TO SLEEP?
Worry and Stress:
It’s easy for kids to feel overwhelmed with busy schedules, academics, hectic home lives, and increased social pressures. For many kids, it’s hard to refocus their mind away from worrisome thought patterns, especially when they are trying to fall asleep.
Youngsters often feel anxiety when separated from their parents. A child is likely to become anxious if you aren’t there or may become preoccupied by the thought of missing out on something. This makes it hard for them to relax and fall asleep.
Major Life Changes:
Moving, divorce, death, etc. If adults have a hard time handling such monumental periods of transition, imagine how difficult they must be for our kids! They learn how to cope by watching us.
Kids have active imaginations. Remember the monster under the bed?
Kids are more likely to have bad dreams if they watch violent or scary movies before bed.
Laurie is available for Workshops, Trainings, and Personalized Private Consultations. To learn more, please contact her directly via e-mail: email@example.com